We’re growing and looking to hire talented people.
Right now, Igor is looking to hire these roles:
Applying is easy! Just send your resume to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. We also accept resumes at any time, so feel free to send us your resume with a brief note about the roles that interest you and we will keep it in file until needed.
Here at Igor – a small but rapidly growing business in the Des Moines area – we are big thinkers driven by a common vision: a vision of revolutionizing the lighting industry as we know it. Together, we work to question the status quo, drive each other to envision a future different from the present, and harness the potential of IoT.
We are led by experienced leaders who have proven track records in building successful, profitable international companies. Our small team has achieved a lot, but we need new minds to join our team just to keep up with the growth that lays ahead. We are seeking people with a pioneering spirit, a passion to make a difference, and an eagerness to step up to challenges. Keep in mind that while we work hard, we always strive to strike a balance . All team members – including interns! – enjoy a flexible vacation policy, software release celebrations, casual dress code, an accommodating work schedule, and other perks.
Our product is the complete package, and we’re almost there with our team. Our belief is that with the right associates, together, we can achieve even more. Join us to be on the forefront of a lighting industry revolution that will bring buildings to life.
Lighting Project Manager/Operations Manager
As a Project/Operations Manager you will skillfully plan, execute, and finalize projects according to the project management plan and achieve specific goals such as: conceptual design, bottom-up estimating, negotiating with both customer and supplier, vendor selection, profit maximization, customer reporting. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and travel as needed. We are seeking candidates with strong and positive organization skills to join our team. Igor is a hyper-growth company and this job will not just be project management. We are looking for someone that wants to grow with a company as it changes an industry. The candidate should want to improve the way things are done in our industry and when given an assignment, they have the drive and ingenuity to figure out the best way to deliver results. The perfect candidate wants to join a young, ground-breaking company, where they can enjoy a career without limits. Experience in the commercial lighting industry is required – only applicants who meet this threshold will be considered.
- Continually build, develop and grow vendor, subcontractor and Igor team relationships throughout entire process to assure success of the project
- Monitor, control and report on financial performance of projects
- Estimate, negotiate and procure vendors and materials for project
- Communicate project goals with field personnel in the electrical and lighting trade
- Request product pricing and work closely with manufacturers during design phase
- Create customer quotes that correlate to our design fixture schedules
- Provide customers with accurate stock and estimated ship date information
- Manage tracking of shipments
- Supervise installation of products and resolve any issues that may occur during that time
- Manage replacement of any broken and/or defective products
- Send out purchase orders to manufacturers and manufacturer reps, once the order in confirmed
- Assist in writing and improving design proposals
- Assist in budgeting the lighting package cost of projects
- Occasionally assist or create PowerPoint presentations
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial lighting and electrical industry experience
- Experience managing and/or quoting lighting projects (new construction and retrofit) is necessary
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Familiarity with electrical estimating software such as ACCUBID.Ability to read and modify customer RFIs, RFPs, blue prints, and contracts
- Extensive knowledge of the lighting business and in-depth knowledge of high grade commercial lighting solutions and applications
- Proven track record in customer relationship building with distributors, customers and industry association
- Positive customer service skills
Ideal Candidate Skills/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- Previous experience working in a startup environment is strongly preferred
- Able to research and implement project management software for design services, procurement and project issue resolution
- Constantly thinking about how to make processes more efficient through technology or improved systems for quoting, ordering, issue resolution, shipping, tracking of shipments, invoicing, etc.
- Knowledge of connected (Networked) lighting and lighting controls
- Collaborative team player with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to proactively analyze, identify & then follow up to resolve issues
- Have proven, excellent writing skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities with strict deadline
Position leverages an experienced engineer’s diverse background in embedded systems and networking technology, as well as close work with Igor’s electrical engineering partners. Daily responsibilities includes firmware updates to Igor’s IP stack, proprietary communication protocols, various IP protocols, as well as developing sensor firmware to read and report information back to a cloud. In addition to daily responsibilities, this position will be leveraged periodically for hardware revisions with Igor’s electrical partners and conduct board bring up, manufacturing functional test software and sensor design/integration.
- B.S. in computer/electrical engineering or related field.
- 4+ years in the embedded systems environment.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment and an ability to document requirements
- Effective team player who can also work independently.
Applicants should have a good representation of the technologies below (but not necessarily all)
- TCP/IP and UDP/IP
- RS232/RS485 communication
- Ethernet communication
- SSDP – Simple Service Discovery Protocol
- LLDP – Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- UPnP – Universal Plug and Play
- Various encryption standards, AES, etc.
- Wireshark packet capture tools
- System Workbench for STM32 Build Environment (Eclipse C Build Environment)
- Ability to do CPU pin out configurations using STM proprietary pin out configuration tools.
- Develop and maintain various system bootloaders and in system upgrades.
- Update existing custom embedded web servers.
- General understanding of Berkeley socket programming.
Other Technical Skills
- Competent with basic functions of an oscilloscope to debug microcontrollers and sensors.
- Ability to troubleshoot various inrush current and voltage levels.
- Understanding of serial protocol state machines and flow control logic.
- Basic understanding of POE, POE+ and UPOE technology offered by Cisco, Avaya and other vendors.
Position will provide application software development services and technical support for Igor’s intelligent building network platform and cloud services. Develop program logic for new and existing cloud and on premise software application. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, and maintains software applications. Responsible for analyzing requirements, tests, and integrating components.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of C# development experience.
Requirements – Experience working with and the ability to efficiently use the following development applications and libraries:
- .NET framework
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Version control systems such as Git or
- Team Foundation Server
- HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working in a flexible scrum/Kanban environment on high-performing agile teams.
- Effective team player who can also work independently.
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofreading skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Desirable – Experience with any of the following:
- Test driven development practices
- Working with cloud technologies such as Windows Azure and Amazon EC2
- Knowledge of UI testing frameworks
- Mobile development of Android and iOS applications