Join Our Team
We’re growing and looking to hire talented people.
Igor is a rapidly growing business in the Des Moines, Iowa area. We are big thinkers driven by a common vision: revolutionizing the built environment as we know it. Together, we work to question the status quo, drive each other to envision a future different from the present and harness the potential of the Internet of Things (IoT).
We are led by experienced individuals who have proven track records in building successful, profitable international companies. Our small team has achieved a lot, but we need new minds to join our team to stay ahead of the growth that lies ahead. We are always seeking people with a pioneering spirit, a passion to make a difference and an eagerness to step up to challenges. Keep in mind that while we work hard, we always strive to strike a balance. All team members, including interns, enjoy a flexible vacation policy, software release celebrations, casual dress code and an accommodating work schedule among other perks.
Our product is the complete package, and we’re almost there with our team. Our belief is that with the right associates, together we can achieve even more.
Join us to be on the forefront of a smart building industry revolution!
*Candidates must either be currently attending a college or university in Iowa, OR be a graduate of an Iowa high school. Students must be going into their junior or senior year of university, or have at least one year remaining in their graduate school program.*
Marketing & Research Intern
The Marketing & Research Internship will have two main components: Insights and Communications. Part of the internship will include projects that dive into the company's customers, target audiences, international markets for insights, combining that research with data produced via marketing campaigns and website usage. The special focus of the intern's efforts will be on using data analysis to identify program successes using a KPI and ROI-driven mindset to identify what worked well, what under-performed, and to suggest changes to improve results. An intern does not need advanced analytics or statistics for this project – what we’re looking for is a candidate who can take data and tell a story with actionable insights.
The second component of this role will be communications-based. The intern will get experience managing content, writing content, reviewing and editing marketing materials for clarity and storytelling. Day-to-day experiences will include managing and updating website content and social media campaigns, writing content for collateral, working with in-house designer to produce marketing materials to target potential customers and new markets, and coordinating events. If desired, the internship can include an ancillary project based on the student's interest, either in HR, Diversity, Sustainability, or another CSR field that the student will identify, lead, and execute as their own initiative.
Business Process & Data Analyst Intern
This is an internship with a focus on process management and improvement. The intern will provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise through data collection and analysis. The intern will identify business needs and develop reports and dashboards to help the business teams quickly access data insights. The intern will research and import new data sources or one-time files into the Operations databases. The intern will identify opportunities for process and systems improvements and execute upon those identified opportunities to create business efficiencies. If desired, the internship can include an ancillary project based on the student's interest, either in HR, Diversity, Sustainability, or another CSR field that the student will identify, lead, and execute as their own initiative.
Business & Finance Administration Intern
The business and finance administration intern major will get to experience a broad range of business activities, though there will be two main areas of focus:
1. Assisting with finance and reporting needs. The company has adopted a CRM tool and is integrating it with the financial reporting requirements. The intern will get a chance to learn about day-to-day finance decisions at a growing company and assist with designing and developing systems and reports to make the process more efficient.
2. Be a key player in the planning, support, and execution of an expansion of the company's ecosystem program. The ecosystem program includes 30+ partner companies that work with Igor to resell and integrate with our technology. Related responsibilities will include the support, planning, and expansion of the company's CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) tool, sales support initiatives, creating business plans for international expansion, assisting with financial reports, identifying process improvement opportunities internally, and more. If desired, the internship can include an ancillary project based on the student's interest, either in HR, Diversity, Sustainability, or another CSR field that the student will identify, lead, and execute as their own initiative.
For our summer 2020 internships, ideal candidates would share the following characteristics:
- An education in a field related to the internship
- One or more professional internships or work experiences
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Exceptionally well-organized, punctual, and takes initiative
- Able to work with little supervision, juggle multiple time-sensitive projects, and follow-through to finish projects on time
- Innately curious, a constant learner, and a critical thinker
- Considerate of others, customer-service oriented
- An interest in technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams…)
- Experience in any of the following tools is a plus:
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Email, Calendar)
- Virtual meeting and communications software (i.e. GoToMeeting, Dropbox, Trello)
Very rarely, occasional travel may be required. Successful completion of this internship may lead to a full-time opportunity.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com:
- Resume that includes a link to your LinkedIn profile
- Writing Sample (for Marketing & Research Internship), OR
- Related project sample (for Business Process & Data Analyst Intern, and Business & Finance Intern)
A professional email that contains your submission materials means that you do not need to submit a separate cover letter.
We recommend that applications are submitted by March 19th, but they will be accepted on a rolling basis until the internships are filled. Phone interviews will begin the week of March 23rd and may be followed by an in-person interview the week of April 6th. If the candidate cannot attend an in-person interview, a video conference interview will be provided as an alternative. We will work to fill the internships on a rolling basis.
Igor is always accepting new resumes. We are open to anyone with skills in software, hardware, logistics, marketing, and more. Maybe you have talents in areas we haven't even thought about - feel free to send your resume with a note letting us know how you could help us reach our goals!
Applying is easy - simply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. We continually accept resumes, so interested parties are welcomed to send us your resume with a brief note about the roles that interest you and we will keep it on file.